Bay Fishing in South Padre Island Done Right!
Breakaway Cruises Puts You Right Into the Middle of the Action.
Is the thrill of reeling in a trophy fish your passion? Do you, your family, and friends need a break away from the hectic routine of daily life? If you said yes to one or both of these questions, then a bay fishing trip in South Padre Island is the answer for you!
With Breakaway Cruises, our Bay Fishing charter brings you right into the middle of the Laguna Madre, where you can fight to reel in Whiting, Sand Trout, Sheepshead, Black Drum, Redfish, Speckled Trout, Shark, and more!
Here’s What You Need to Bring for a Fishing Trip:
The trip will last about three to four hours depending on departure time.
We offer multiple charters a day, every day of the week with real-time availability and instant confirmation on our calendar page.
All customers are allowed a small ice chest for drinks and snacks. Alcohol is permitted, but glass containers are not.
Based at Breakaway Cruises, our 65 foot long and 25 foot wide catamaran, named Isabella, is the fastest, newest, and most stable bay fishing boat in South Padre Island! Relax on this spacious U.S. Coast Guard-certified vessel while you and your family enjoy the best bay fishing experience South Padre Island has to offer.
Details About Our Bay Fishing Trips
While all fishing gear and bait is included in the ticket price, here are the things we recommend you bring:
- Fishing License – Required for anyone 17 years and older
Don’t have a fishing license? Don’t stress! You can purchase a 1-day license at any licensed retailer in town or online via the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
What Kind of Fish are in the Bay at South Padre Island?
Reel in the fiercest fighters that swim in the Laguna Madre. When you sign up for a bay fishing trip with Breakaway Cruises, you can expect a high chance of encountering:
- Whiting – A very tasty and popular fish, the whiting puts up a fight despite only weighing up to two pounds.
- Sand Trout – With a yellowish upper body and white under belly, this member of the trout family is delicious and commonly turns up on our trips.
- Sheepshead – A unique, bleating sound is what gives this fish its name, and it can grow over 14 inches!
- Black Drum – This black and white fish boasts a lot of meat on its bones, but it can use all of that weight to fight hard once hooked.
- Redfish – One of the larger features, this copper-ish fish can grow over 60 inches, making the catch an exciting challenge.
- Speckled Trout – As their name suggests, these fish feature a speckled appearance and can grow over five pounds.
- Shark – Whether it be lemon, nurse, or bull, one of the ocean’s great predators have been known to make an appearance. Will it be at the end of your hook?
Keep in mind that while these are just some of the fantastic undersea creatures you may encounter when bay fishing in South Padre Island, other surprise catches may await you!